Sheffield fight back to draw as Birmingham and Charlton score thrilling victories

Main menu


Sheffield fight back to draw as Birmingham and Charlton score thrilling victories

featured image

Lioness howling at Durham

Sarah Eaens’ first goal gave the London City Lioness a 3-0 victory over Durham at Princes Park Stadium.

Youens lobbed Durham goalkeeper Tatiana Saunders in the 15th minute to give her side a 1–0 lead.

They were one step closer to winning their second of the season when Amy Rodgers made it 2–0 at the end of a corner and substitute Lucy Fitzgerald added a third in the second half.

It might have been even sweeter for the Lionesses if Youens’ late penalty had not been saved by Durham keeper Tatiana Saunders, but they still ran out comfortable winners.

N’Dow seals Charlton’s final gasp victory over Sunderland

Elishan Doe’s 92nd minute strike gave Charlton a dramatic 3–2 victory over Sunderland.

The hosts Sunderland led 1-0 at half-time thanks to Emily Scar, who opened the Black Cats’ lead in the 27th minute at Eppleton.

Ella Rutherford leveled proceedings for Addicks in the 63rd minute before the contest ended desperately.

Sunderland regained the lead in the 78th minute through Emma Kelly before Kiera Skiles equalized for the visitors just a minute later.

And after Sunderland defender Abbie Holmes was shown a red card, Charlton made the most of their player advantage with a late winner for Pea.

Hughes hat-trick as Palace beat Blackburn

Crystal Palace’s Elise Hughes starred as she scored all three goals in the 3-1 win over Blackburn.

It took the 21-year-old just 13 minutes to open the scoring when the Eagles traveled to Sir Tom Phinney Stadium.

The Welsh forward scored a second goal in the 43rd minute to double Palace’s lead just before half-time and ensured the ball of the match with a third strike eight minutes into the second half.

Blackburn brought consolation with Saffron Barker converted from the penalty spot in the 60th minute, but were unable to turn the contest around as their opponents took their third win of the season.

Birmingham weather second-half scare to beat Coventry

Two goals in the final 25 minutes were not enough for Coventry United as Birmingham held on to a 3–2 win at St Andrews.

The hosts got off to a perfect start giving them a two-goal advantage with both Jade Pennock and Louise Quinn scoring within the first 20 minutes.

All three points appeared to have been stitched to safety when Ashley Hodson added a third just inside the hour mark, but was forced to endure a late counterattack from his opponents .

Mary McAteer’s effort in the 67th minute gave Coventry a point back, and Mollie Green’s own goal in the 89th minute led to some nerve-wracking final minutes.

However, the Blues held on to take their second victory of the season.

Southampton hold league leaders Bristol

Beth Lumsden helped Southampton score an impressive point away from home as they drew league leaders Bristol City 1-1 at Ashton Gate.

The hosts took the lead at half-time thanks to Fionn Morgan, who put Bristol ahead within the first half hour.

However, the Saints responded quickly in the second half, equalizing with a Lumsden shot in the 47th minute.

Both teams created chances to win, but ultimately failed to find a decisive breakthrough.

FA Player:

Watch live on FA PLAYER